Monday, June 2, 2014

Armstrong: Party of 3

One Thursday night, May 15th to be exact, I drove home from Portland. I had been wondering what was delaying Mother Nature this month and had a brief thought of "could it be?...no, no way. right?" So we decided to take a test just in case. As we stood in the hallway chatting about our day Lance's eyes slowly drifted to the test sitting on the bathroom counter and his eyes bugged out of his head like a cartoon character. My response: "Ha ha, very funny" His response: "I'm not joking" We laughed, we cried, we hugged, we panicked, we celebrated, and eventually (because I'm inpatient) we told our wonderful family members. That's right, Lance and I are expecting our first little bundle of joy this January! While our little jelly bean will be here a couple years earlier than anticipated, we are so excited for this new and exciting chapter in our life.

The first week after we found out, I both thought I was going to burst with this news and also felt rather tired, a lot. As the weeks have gone by I have slowly popped up some of the other "fondly" spoke of symptoms. They are as follows:

Food aversions:
Salad- I don't know what it is about it, but the sight, smell, and taste of it simply throws me into a fit of gags. This one does not make any sense to me. I love salad, a lot! But the mere sight in the past two weeks has been nauseating.
Sweets- You're killin me already, kid! I love chocolate and I love brownies. 5 minutes after eating any type of dessert = extreeeeeeme nausea. Not to say that I wouldn't mind these things...it's just not worth it- at all.

Food cravings: Meat, potatoes and rice. Who am I, Ron Swanson!?! I enjoy cooked veggies and fruit as well- but boy I would kill for a Porterhouse for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

I can tell already that I'm going to miss coffee, a lot. Lance had some for breakfast this morning and I stood over his cup, now cold, and just sniffed for a long time. (It could be a long 8 more months)

Our first appointment:
My OB is Dr. Morcos at the Corvallis Clinic. With us moving up North in the next month, I'm going to have to find someone up there, but I really wanted my first appointment to be with her. We got to see the heartbeat and it magically made it all feel a little more real. I'm so thankful that Lance was able to be there- He's quite the support system, Me and little jelly bean here are pretty darn lucky.

4 comments:

  1. Yay Kayla! So excited and happy for you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fyi...it's Kristin...if you are wondering who the creepy person is commenting on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy for you guys! You should check out women's healthcare associates. . There are multiple locations up here :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My excitement doubled I read this, love your writing sis, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete