Sunday, June 8, 2014

Week 8

Lance's aunt and uncle on his dad's side are fraternal twins so women who procreate with Armstrongs or who are from the Armstrong family are considered "ticking time bombs" for twins. It's only a matter of time until one of us gets two bundles of joy rather than one. So it has been a long standing joke on which one of us lucky little boogers it's going to be. Jaime and Lindsey are out of the woods since they're finished having kids....so now it's down to Jenny and I. We came | this close | to having twins and it would of been my doing! WOAH! At our first ultrasound I saw two little blobs on the screen and my OBGYN says "oh wow, there are two eggs in there- but I only see one baby." How crazy is that!? I'll repeat though, we only have one little bun in the oven, you can kind of tell from this ultrasound that there were two eggs though. The one with the tiny blob is holding our little one :)
Not much has changed as far as cravings go. I'm able to eat salad now which is very good. Sweets are still a real struggle with me. Anything too sugary is just no bueno. I guess that's a good thing, though. 
I'm still incredibly tired. I woke up today around 9:00 and by 11:00 was ready for a nap. I find that if I push through and go for a walk that I usually have a little more energy- but still, constantly tired. 
This weekend has been better as far as constant nausea after eating, it's more induced by sweets or overly greasy items. Apparently our baby is a health freak- it's hard to take food orders from a kid the size of a raspberry, but this little booger already knows how to get it's way.

I'm starting to feel a slight difference in how my clothes fit, a little more snug around the waist- according to my pregnancy book that's normal...so now I guess I can just start walk around rubbing my belly saying "Oh, yes, it's the baby weight, not that enormous steak and hearty helping of mashed potatoes I just ate...."

It's definitely hard waiting to start showing because right now I just feel tired, bloated, occasionally nauseous, and STARVING all at once. I'll leave you today with my awkward 8 week belly picture. What? you can't see the tiny raspberry that's in there? 

No comments:

Post a Comment