Wednesday, September 1, 2010

5 days off?!

Surprisingly I kept myself more busy on my days off than I did during my 8 day work week. There wasn't one day where I had much down time...until I slept.
Thursday: Lindsey and Bria left for Arizona, the house is just so different without them. After that Cassidy, Abby and myself loaded up the good ol' subaru and headed north to Salem for a fun day at the Gilbert House. We only had to turn around one time due to some direction issues, my bad. But we had a wonderful time we made dinosaur pictures and attempted to make bubbles around ourselves. We played on the wooden structures and went down the slides, it was like I was 8 all over again. It's always fun to let your inner child come out and the girls had fun as well. After the Gilbert House we went to lunch and finished our day at the Carousel. That night I went to Jenny and Kyle's for dinner and visiting. It's always good to have dinner with them because Jenny and I get to talk and talk and talk...we're so good at that :)
Friday: I went to Corvallis to get a costume with Court for my birthday party, which I might add was much funnier than one would expect. I followed this up with lunch with Jordan and then dinner with my dad, ending the evening with My Fair Lady at Hanna and Becca's with Court.
Saturday: Family trip to the state fair. Lots of fattening fair food that you only eat at the fair and then immediately regret it. Then after that regretful fair food we road ride after ride that unfortunately threw that regretful food around our stomachs even more. It was so fun to spend the day with my family. There was so many laughs and the weather was beautiful. Oh and word to the wise...when they tell you to pay $1 to see the AMAZING however hugely long alligator that is ALIVE! don't fall for it. It is definitely not alive.
Sunday:BIRTHDAY EVE! and the Freaks and Geeks party! So much fun. All of my greatest friends and I dressed in our craziest outfits and shared many many laughs while bringing in my last year as a teenager. To sum up the evening would be...dancing, laughing, and a couple more things ending in "ing"
Monday: The day of Birth. Probably one of the funniest mornings I've had in quite sometime. Except for the morning Lance and I had in New Orleans. After Becca, Hanna and myself gathered ourselves we went out for a lovely breakfast at the Broken Yolk. Though the weather wasn't ideal the company was indeed. Shortly after I received a phone call saying I had a flower delivery...They kinda blew the surprise but it was wonderful all in its own. Lance had sent me my favorite flowers for my birthday and it made my day 10000 times better than I could have ever asked for. After that Jenny treated me to a pedi and mani along with some great conversations as always. I ended the evening with dinner at my parents and that brought my birthday to the perfect end. They made me my favorite dinner and made me just so happy. I was greeted at my door with a beautiful card from Steve and Anna and the girls. The next day Alicia and I had a great dinner and an even better girl talk :)

I've always been able to count my blessings and realize how lucky I am to have these amazing people in my life. But after these five days off I realized just how wonderful the people around me are and I can't wait until Lance comes home so my little circle of friends and family is just perfect.
We're into September now and times going to fly...I can feel it.

No comments:

Post a Comment