Friday, December 23, 2011

That time of year

Time for baking, family, cold weather, and just over all good company. The term has come to an end and thankfully so. The past two weeks have been amazing to have off. I quite literally have gone to work, worked out, and sat my tired rear on the couch forever. The first day after finals I think I slept for a good 11 hours. So great. Now Christmas is creeping up quick and we have plenty of quality time planned with the family. Considering the fact that we have four Christmas' to attend we will be seeing lots and lots of family. My friend Courtney surprised me the other day. She lives in Hawaii and showed up one night on my door step. Needless to say it was a good couple days of non-stop talking and reminiscing.


Shortly after she left we had our Laughing Planet Christmas party. So much fun. It was a really good time for everyone to get together and be able to talk because we never all get to work together. There was tons of laughing and tons of talking. 
Finally I finished up this week before Christmas with some Holiday Baking. Lance had a guys night with his best friend, Lucas and I spent it baking so many delicious goodies with my mom and sisters. Two of my good high school friends and I got to see each other later that night. Shanda is pregnant and just bought a house. Talk about crazy. It doesn't feel like we have been out of high school for that long, I mean 3 years isn't forever, but still. It feels like just yesterday we were all sitting in my room talking about boys and what we were going to wear to the dance. Now we are sitting on Shanda's new couch in her new home, feeling her little baby girl kick, and talking about when Melina will be in her program and where I think Lance and I will end up in the country for his. It's amazing how fast time flies and everything that's changed from that time. We are all very happy where we are now and it's the best thing to feel this time of year.




Needless to say it was a great night. Full of sugar rushes, memories, and frosting all over my sisters face :)



No comments:

Post a Comment