Sunday, May 2, 2010

Hellooooo

Hey everyone, I decided to help inform you guys a little bit about what i have been up to herein gulfport! Its been a little over a month since i first arrived here so i'll try and give an overview of what i have been up to. My first week here was death by powerpoint. The navy seems to have a strong belief that we love sitting in classrooms while someone goes through slides reading them to us. For me, i hate it ha. It took about a week to get processed in and get us all switched to active duty instead of reservists. The second week we started classes, again a whole lot of powerpoints and one practical application and the end of the week is normally how it goes. There are M16 rifle classes, combat skills, buiding classes etc. In my M16 class i got expert which is the highest level you can get so next time the brothers and i go shooting we'll see who shoots best haha. I have been trying to keep myself occupied because it makes this dry time in gulfport go by just a little quicker. We work six days a week and get saturday night and sundays off. however we are restricted to fifty miles from base so no New Orleans for me, sadly enough. A lot of early mornings and long days so far and i dont see that schedule changing until i come home ha. Luckily i have been able to talk to kayla so we don't feel too disconnected, and being able to talk to the family has been great and helps keep my spirits up. Im sorry i can't keep in touch more! I will try my hardest to call on the weekends. I appreciate the care packages you guys have put together and i can't wait to get them! Thank you guys for all of the support it means a lot to me! Ill try and update this whenever i get a chance. Love you all!

1 comment:

  1. You're gonna whoop your brothers at shooting, I just know it!
    So glad we were able to talk today and thanks for updating, can't wait for you to get the care packages.
    Love ya.

    ReplyDelete