Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Dump the Pump- Ames 7 months

Ames hasn't wanted to nurse for around 2 months now. It was a constant battle with so many tears...both ways, so I went to exclusively pumping. As mentioned in previous posts...pumping is my nemisis. NEMISIS! I loathed the process, the cleaning of those tiny parts that are so easily lost, trying to pump when your husband is at work and your baby is screaming at the top of his lungs because he's hungry- yeah. It sucked. And to top it off, Our dietitian had us fortifying because she didn't think the calorie count of my milk was high enough and I wasn't keeping up with Ames for supply so we were supplementing with formula.
After I spent a drive to Lebanon pumping, while on my way to an assessment for work...I had enough. I dumped the pump. I had extreme guilt about this whole process. I felt lazy. Like I wasn't willing to make that sacrifice for Ames. But the fact is, I was miserable, I wasn't sleeping, I was angry. As soon as I was able to realize that it not only wasn't good for me to have that high of stress, but it also wasn't good for Ames to be around it...I dumped it And ohhhh it felt good.

So now we're onto formula and he's already gaining weight better. Hes also trying solids! He loves carrots, squash, sweet potatoes, green beans, and peaches. He does not like peas or rice cereal...but he's a trooper and gives them a try. He loves eating. It's so much fun. I've had to come to realize that eating is not and never will be a clean process so I might as well embrace it lol. 

Ames still fights sleep but I would say that the fights are getting shorter! So that's good. He's slowly working himself into a schedule. Shout out to my babysitters for working with me and writing everything down. Love you guys 😘 

What else? Ah- he's SUPER squirmy. He's rolling from his back to his stomach and inch worms all over the place. He loves the exersaucer and SQUEALING at the top of his lungs. He has the cutest voice and loves to use it. He's a happy giggly baby, loves being around people and is such a ham. 

Life is busy here at the Armstrong house but I can't help but thank my lucky stars when I come home to these sweethearts. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment