Saturday, November 5, 2011

Wedding Nightmares?

As school ticks on I have not had much time to think much about the wedding, let alone plan for it! However, my subconscious desperately wants me back in front of my binder of ideas for dresses, centerpieces, and what not. The other night I had a dream that our venue had to be changed last minute from an indoor modern-ish venue to in the middle of an abandoned field, without explanation. Try selling that to a bride on her imaginary wedding day. In my dream, since I had no choice I proceeded as usual with what I believe to be my "day of" festivities, which might I add are NOT what I have in my conscious mind. I dreamt that I put on my long beautiful wedding dress and proceeded to put my hair in a simple pony tail. NOT how I envision me looking the day of, but none the less the dream continues. If things were not weird enough already I then am told that only twenty people will be arriving and we have food for 150. Slight panic attack. Also, that the bartender refuses to serve anyone any form of alcohol. Slightly larger panic attack. I wasn't able to finish the dream because my alarm woke me up, thank goodness. I thought it was maybe a fluke thing, I hadn't thought much about the wedding in quite some time. BUT THEN! A week later I had another nightmare! This time our wedding was in our normal venue, but the venue had no roof, and was in the middle of a dang field again. The day of festivities seem to be proceeding as I imagine while awake, until I realize that we had not bought Lance's ring! I was about to walk down the aisle to the man of my dreams without a ring to give to him. So we called all of our guests ( all 150 of them) and informed them that the wedding was to be pushed back 3 hours to 8:00PM (What!?). Alright so the wedding was pushed back and our venue was...not what we had planned, no big deal. But then I begin to curl my hair and it wont hold a curl. My make up will not stay on my face, and i'm NOT WEARING SHOES. Thankfully my alarm came to the rescue yet again. I don't know how much more of that I wanted to see. I guess the take home message from these dreams is that it doesn't matter, outside or inside, ponytail, or straight, food or no food, I am still marrying my very best friend, with or without shoes in 10 months and I couldn't be more excited about it :) I did have a chance to meet with the florist the other night and we have a boat load of ideas in store, I cannot wait for Winter Break when the planning can be picked back up. Hopefully the crazy dreams stay in the cage until then. Here are some ideas
As far as everything else goes Lance and I have been spending an average of 6 hours at the library 7 days a week. I wish I had more exciting news but that has been our life. 5 more weeks. 5. more. weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment